Lecture 44: Exercise
Question: If you could chose an archetype or extreme (edgecraft), what do you want your brand or work to be known for?
Question: List 5 ways that you could express these attributes:
- Sharing as much information as possible with readers/listeners.
- Encouraging audience to share information with one another – to be a community.
- Make processes towards success feel like clear and attainable goals for audience.
- Make audience feel like being who they are and making a living doing so is more joyful than stressful.
- Offer them stories about people, from a similar demographic as theirs, who worked there way towards their path of truth which lead them to success.
Compared to others who do what you do, rank yourself according to:
For this question, I chose to reply surrounding my current career, not my future, hopeful idea of freelancing. The rank will be from 1-5.
- Reputation: 4
- Knowledge: 4
- Expertise: 5
- Tools: 3
- Handiness: 4
Which will you invest in developing?
Most definitely in the tools area. Where I once thought I was quite advanced in Excel, I recently took a course to see where I was at and quickly realized that there are so many advanced functions that I should consider tackling, which would be an asset to many clients and employers. I am also slowly but surely making my way through graphics design and web design courses, which are both a pleasure and an asset.
I gave myself a 4 on reputation because although I have a solid one at work, my workload and lack of motivation definitely has me less organized than usual. This can definitely be improved.
Reading back at my replies, hours later, all of those points are worth improving on and investing in.